I’m off work for 10 weeks and I want to try new experiences if they present themselves to me or if something appeals to me. I love fresh flowers and lots of colour. This evening I came across a photo of pansies on my husband’s phone and using my daughter’s discarded pastels from an art course she did a few years ago, I sat down to just give it a go…and as you can see it’s pretty amature, I have no sense of scale so it is out of proportion. I could rip it up at a minutes notice but I’m not going to because I am just slightly pleased with it! I haven’t drawn or painted since secondary school (1985)!!
I think I can learn something from this humble experience…It reminds me to…
- give things a go,
- give it my best effort,
- have realistic expectations,
- realise that it is good enough as it is,
- that I am growing and my skills will grow with me,
- to be grateful for new opportunities,
- to accept constructive feedback and compliments (it’s an Irish thing being slow to accept compliments),
- to encourage others to step outside their comfort zones
- to be patient and keep practising for as long as I find it enjoyable,
- to most of all, have fun! Have you tried something new lately?